Success! At long last I’m finally getting the recognition I sorely deserve! To be honest I hadn’t even heard of the Liebster Award until MovieManJackson handed me a nomination, so special thanks goes out to him. Head over to his blog, check him out and show him some support, I’ve always enjoyed the comments he leaves me.
So, the rules for my nomination are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers for this award
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- Create 11 questions for those bloggers you nominate
Now, onto Jackson’s questions:
1. Who is your favourite film reviewer to read work from (living or deceased)? I’m not actually that well-versed in film critics, but I do enjoy a number of bloggers on here. I’ll say Thy Critic Man.
2. Worst film you have seen recently? Insurgent. I won’t go on a rant but my review is here if you want to see it.
3. Best film you have recently seen? Avengers: Age Of Ultron. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
4. What summer 2015 blockbuster are you most excited about? Australian summer: Star Wars: The Force Awakens. American summer: Ant-Man, Jurassic World, Terminator Genysis or Fantastic 4
5. Twitter or Facebook? Twitter.
6. It is one night before you are executed for a crime you didn’t commit. What is your last meal? Anything that has the Dudette’s home-made pesto. Having said that no jail cell can hold me.
7. How far away do you live from your closest theatre? About ten minutes drive.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? Rich, famous, successful, travelling the world with a mansion and many, many incredibly expensive cars… … that’s what I’ll be dreaming of as at this time in five years I’ll probably be in bed.
9. Age old question: pop or soda? Whichever one fanta is.
10. Is censorship always a bad thing? Depends on the situation in which the censorship in question takes place.
11. Favourite TV comedy of all time? An easier question for me would be pick your favourite child (that’s if I actually had children)
Ok, these are the eleven bloggers I wish to nominate:
Irish Cinephile (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/7164143/)
Lisa Talks About (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/68197741/)
Log’s Line (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/65205781/)
Assholes Watching Movies (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/80182352/)
Peggy At The Movies (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/62122799/)
Fortress Of Film (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/39092376/)
The Monster Sci-Fi Show (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/1390168/)
The Girl Who Loved To Review (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/74993410/)
Rob Watches Movies (https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/61567574/)
And finally, my eleven questions:
1. Name something that inspires you. It can be anything, not necessarily human (mine is a rainy day)
2. I’m willing to pay you to blog, so sell yourself: what is the best aspect of your blog?
3. What do you love most? Book, film, TV or other?
4. Going by your answer to question three: what was either A the last book you read, B) TV show you binge-watched on Netflix (or illegally downloaded, just don’t say you did) or C) the last film you saw in cinema? If it’s D) other, name the last thing you did with that.
5. Of that last book / TV show binge / film watched / other thing you did: briefly tell us about it and give the experience a score out of ten.
6. Sky-diving, bungee-jumping or para-sailing?
7. Your house is on fire; your all-time favourite book / TV series / film / other are in the building, along with your treasured family heirlooms, several family members (who have left you a vast fortune in their wills), several cute, baby animals and a phone number belonging to a famous celebrity you so badly want to spend the rest of your life with.
You may only choose one; how do you explain leaving the rest behind?
8. If you could change history and put your name to anything in existence, what would it be and why?
9. What musical act can you just not get enough of right now? Or, what musical act have you just had enough of right now?
10. You are in hospital and terminally ill. You will receive a visit from a person of your choosing. Who is that person and what do you talk about?
11. You’re enjoying a nice, sunny Sunday afternoon at home when there’s a knock at the door. It’s me (don’t ask how you know, you just do) and I’m up for whatever. What are we doing today? Calling the police is not an option.